Wednesday 4 September 2013

Recipe: Gluten Free Orange and Honey Cake


My cousin, who is studying at catering college and made my amazing hen night cupcakes, was kind enough to send me this amazing recipe for a gluten free cake last week and I tried it over the weekend.  

I love trying new gluten free recipes and this was the first time I separated eggs by myself (not as hard as I thought it would be), and it was totally worth it - the cake lasted about five minutes once I managed to remove it from the cake tin!

Ingredients:-

  •  115g gluten free flour (I used a 50/50 mix of rice and cornflour)
  • 115g butter
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 1 large orange, juiced and grated
  • 2 large eggs
  • honey to serve
Instructions:-
 
  1. Pre heat the oven to 180c / gas mark 6.  Grease a 9" cake tin.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and almost white in colour.  Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the butter mix.  
  3. Combine the flour, baking powder and orange zest. 
    Add this to the butter mix and mix well.
  4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites into a stiff peak and mix into the cake one third at a time.  Add the orange juice and mix well.
  5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30-45 minutes.
  6. Remove from the oven, cool completely, serve with honey.
  7. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment